The lineup for Moraine Valley Community College’s Fine and Performing Arts Center 2014-15 season has something for everyone. Performances will feature Chita Rivera, fiddlers, Broadway music, modern dance, physical theater, Chicago improv comedy, and much more. A cabaret-style series returns this season after sold-out shows last year.
Patrons can purchase membership and subscription packages or individual tickets. Current subscribers/members can renew beginning Monday, August 4. New subscription/membership sales will begin Monday, August 11, and individual tickets for the general public will go on sale Monday, August 18. Details can be found at morainevalley.edu/fpac and in the season brochure.
The Mainstage Series features world-class artists on the Dorothy Menker Theater stage. Tickets range from $25 to $40 for adults and $20 to $35 for seniors and students. Performances are at 7:30 p.m.
* Chita A Legendary Celebration Sept. 27
* Ensemble Español Spanish Dance Theatre Flamenco Passion! Oct. 4
* PUSH Physical Theatre Oct. 18
* Ethel Merman’s Broadway Starring Rita McKenzie Nov. 22
* Jim Witter’s Christmas Memories Dec. 13
* Alan Safier as Scrooge…and Everyone Else…in Humbug! Dec. 18
* The Second City: Hits Home Jan. 24
* Well-Strung March 7 * Giordano Dance Chicago March 21
* Sister’s Easter Catechism: Will My Bunny Go to Heaven? March 28
* New York Gilbert & Sullivan Players in “The Mikado” April 10
* The Mystical Arts of Tibet: Sacred Music/Sacred Dance
For World Healing May 9
The Sunday Salon Series is returning with cabaret-style performances in the John and Angeline Oremus Theater, where tables ring the stage and additional seating on risers offer an intimate setting. Table seating is $25 for the general public and $20 for seniors and students. Riser seating is $20 for the general public and $15 for seniors and students. Performances are at 2 and 5:30 p.m.
* Spider’s Speakeasy Celebrating the Songs of the 1920s
Featuring Spider Saloff and Trio Sept. 14
* Paul Marinaro: Without a Song Oct. 5
* The Hills are Alive with the Sounds of Julie Featuring Laura Freeman Feb. 8
* Sondheim: The Songs That Got Away Featuring Tommy Hensel May 17
The Academic Theater Department will stage four productions. Tickets are $12 for adults and $10 for seniors and students.
* “Cabaret” Oct. 30-Nov. 9
* “Harvey” Feb. 19-22
* “A Day in the Death of Joe Egg” April 24-May 3 (Fri.-Sun. only)
* “The Tempest” July 30-Aug. 1
The Academic Music Series is composed of several musical ensembles. Tickets are $12 for
adults and $10 for seniors and students. Admission is free to Percussion Ensemble and Flute Choir concerts.
Moraine Chorale and Chamber Singers
* The Great American Songbook Oct. 11
* Merry Christmas Music Dec. 6
* Music! Sing! Music! Feb. 28
* Broadway/Pop/Motion Picture Spectacular May 2
* Summer Patriotic Concert July 25
The Moraine Valley Concert Band is celebrating 10 years!
* 10th Anniversary Holiday Concert Dec. 7
* 10 Years of Concert Band Classics March 27
* 10th Anniversary Spring Concert: Presenting
Music for “Kids” of All Ages May 3
Kids 12 and younger are free.
* Holiday Concert Dec. 5
* A Salute to the Great Voices of Jazz March 6
* Spring Concert May 1
* Swingin’ Summer Jazz July 24
The Percussion Ensemble is celebrating 10 years!
* 10th Anniversary Holiday Extravaganza Dec. 11
* 10th Anniversary Spring Concert Spectacular May 7
* Fall Concert Oct. 24
* Spring Concert March 20
Patrons of the Fine and Performing Arts Center will receive a 25 percent discount on dinner at Ciao Ristorante, 10296 S. 78th Ave., Palos Hills, when they make a reservation for before or after a Mainstage production and show their ticket stub.
To be placed on the mailing list for a season brochure or for more information on these performances, call the Box Office at (708) 974-5500 or e-mail BoxOffice@morainevalley.edu. Tickets can be purchased online (additional fees will be incurred), in person, by mail, or over the phone. Box Office hours are Monday through Friday, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and one hour prior to all performances. Summer and holiday hours may vary. Additional information, updates and new performances can be found at morainevalley.edu/fpac.
For news media inquiries, call Jessica Crotty, College and Community Relations coordinator, at (708) 974-5281, or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.